What is an ISO Tank?
An ISO TANK is a tank container which is built to the ISO standard (International Organization for Standardization). ISO TANKS are designed to carry liquids in bulk, both hazardous and non-hazardous.
- The tank is made of 316 L stainless steel and is surrounded by various types of protective layers.
- Different claddings can be used with an ISO TANK depending on the type of bulk cargo it is carrying.
- It has a manhole on the top along with at least one safety valve and a triple closure discharge valve on the bottom.
- The ISO TANKS can be equipped with a flame arrestor; this is a device that allows gas to pass through it but stops the flame in order to prevent a larger fire or explosion.
- They are cylindrical and stackable.
- ISO TANK containers are equipped with heat channels, insulation and cladding that provide security, and process ability for the contents.
All ISO Tank Five Year Tests are conducted and witnessed by an International Classification Society. The companies we utilize are: Gold Tank Inspection Service Inc., SILVER/SIMS LLC., and Bureau Veritas North America Inc.
ROAM Tank Innovations puts to work its 30 + years of engineering and tank fabrication knowledge to cater to all client needs.